✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
We’ve had early success with organic search, and we’re ready to take things to the next level.
We’re looking for someone with lots of creative link building ideas — and the skills to execute them. As part of the marketing team, you’ll work alongside the SEO manager, editorial director, and head of inbound to develop strategies which fuel the organic growth of our audience.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Take ownership of the link acquisition strategy
- Develop the outreach process and streamline it through the use of tools
- Define the success metrics for outreach and regularly report on progress
- Work closely with the SEO manager to align on strategic targets for link building
- Come up with creative concepts to drive inbound links to Writer
- Work with the content team to build outreach opportunities into the content creation process, right from the ideation stage
- Conduct hygiene activities such as link reclamation and broken link building
- Use tools to understand how our competitors are acquiring links
- Build and nurture strategic relationships with industry experts, brand partners, and external publishers
- Secure guest contributors for Writer’s blog and Academy
⭐️ Is this you?
- +3 years experience in a PR or SEO role overseeing outreach activities
- Strong relationship building and nurturing skills
- Creative mindset for coming up with new link-building concepts
- Strong understanding of link-building tactics
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Proven track record developing outreach programs from the ground up
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail to manage the outreach process
- Expertise with tools such as Ahrefs and SEMrush
- Experience in SaaS or B2B is a huge plus
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you do
- A great writer
- A connection to our mission of Great writing for everyone
- A natural affinity to our values of Connect, challenge, own
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.