Online Sales - first hire
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Every company grows differently, and we grow when we help our users write better, faster. We’re looking for a renaissance sales rep whose top priority is helping new potential customers succeed with Writer.
As our first online sales rep, your objective will be to help Team plan users expand their usage beyond the free and trial tiers.
You’ll nurture new users as they get to know the product with the goal of driving conversion to paid plans, increased adoption, and expansion.
This is a unique role (PLG sales!) but not meant as an entry-level sales role. We’re looking for someone with strong software sales fundamentals who can help us build a solid foundation of seeded accounts with happy users. Your variable compensation will initially be tied to the number of paid seats you influence and not to ARR. You’re going to gain invaluable (and rare) front-line experience on how to build a high-velocity product-led engine from the ground-up.
Depending on experience and ability, we'd love to grow an online sales team under you. We also think next steps for this role could be moving into growth, customer success, marketing, or GTM strategy.
You'll initially be reporting to the CEO/co-founder and be working very closely with our mid-market and enterprise sales reps and head of operations.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and why they are exploring Writer
- Become a trusted product specialist, educating users on how to set up Writer to unlock value, going hands-on where needed
- Become an expert in the wide range of use cases in which Writer can drive business transformation across different industries
- Identify potential growing customers, understand their needs, and help them introduce Writer across their orgs
- Collect and share insights that help our product team identify both scalable and unscalable ways to educate and activate the user base in product-led ways
⭐️ Is this you?
- 2+ years in a B2B SaaS client-facing role
- Experience carrying a quota
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales 101: even for seat-based sales, you’ll want a (soft) BANT approach
- Extremely organized and self-motivated, and a detailed note-taker: you’ll be managing dozens of threads at once
- An ability to make the complex simple
- Knowledge of editorial processes is a strong plus: if you edited your high school newspaper, can you pretty please apply?
- Passion for our mission of great writing for everyone
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.