Head of Sales
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Great writing, for everyone. It’s our vision for Writer, and we'd love your help bringing that vision to more customers. We’re looking for a sales leader whose top priority is helping new prospects discover and succeed with Writer.
As a key member of our executive team, you’ll be on the ground-floor helping us build processes for qualifying, closing, and expanding customers. Our early sales reps are scrappy and customer-obsessed, and you'll help us grow that team and add a sales management layer.
Your positivity, sense of curiosity, and ability to create a winning team will help shape our entire sales culture. If you have a builder mentality, this is the role for you.
You'll be reporting to the CEO/co-founder and be working very closely with your colleagues in customer success, product, and growth.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and why they are exploring Writer
- Drive ARR growth, with a focus on the customer land motion, in the mid-market
- Codify the sales-assist playbook and drive its execution; own sales enablement
- Build a healthy, winning, remote-first sales culture
- Aggregate and share market feedback and gather insights on the competitive landscape
- Enforce pipeline management in SFDC
⭐️ Is this you?
- 5+ years in a B2B SaaS management role, ideally one with a product-led/self-service motion alongside a sales-assisted motion
- 5+ years in a B2B SaaS closing role focused on the mid-market or enterprise (250-5,000 employees)
- Experience in managing teams where 75%+ reps met quota
- Experience with value-based selling (but still know the product almost as well as CS 🤓)
- Record of building strong and lasting strategic customer relationships
- Hands-on experience sourcing, recruiting, and hiring A players
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you do
- A great presenter
- A genuine leader
- A connection to our mission of Great writing for everyone
- A natural affinity to our values of Connect, challenge, own
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.