Head of Customer Success
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Great writing, for everyone. It’s our vision for Writer, and our customers’ vision for their teams. We’re looking for a customer success leader whose top priority is helping customers succeed with Writer.
As a key member of our executive team, you’ll be on the ground-floor helping us build processes for onboarding, adoption, and retention. Our NRR is +130%, and GRR is +95%, so you’ll be starting with a really effective product — and early CSMs that are scrappy and customer-obsessed.
You'll be reporting to the CEO/co-founder and be working very closely with your leader peers in sales, product, and growth.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Own onboarding, adoption, user education, renewal, support, and expansion (in partnership with sales) for all of Writer’s revenue
- Manage a team of CSMs and make sure they are driving adoption and growth within their accounts
- Coach CSMs to deepen their customer expertise, be change management partners within their accounts, and accelerate transformation of writing within our customers’ businesses
- Develop programs and playbooks designed to achieve deep customer specificity and repeatability at scale
- Communicate customer stories, wins, outcomes and challenges to internal executive stakeholders and cross functional partners
- Motivate your team to create opportunities to upsell value added services
- Collaborate with the sales team on large-scale enterprise renewals and expansions in your portfolio
- Distill customer feedback for the product team in a real-time way
- Collaborate with the marketing team and our community manager on events and content
⭐️ Is this you?
- 5+ years in a SaaS customer success management role, preferably focused on midmarket or enterprise customer success
- Experience carrying and regularly exceeding a GRR and NRR quota for your team
- Experience with our motion: deepening adoption within a customer’s team as well as introducing a product across teams in a single organization
- A keen understanding of how large enterprises work and behave
- Demonstrated success in coaching and developing customer success managers
- Experience in hiring and recruiting A players to your team
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, ship
- A great presenter
- A genuine leader
- A connection to our mission of Great writing for everyone
- A natural affinity to our values of Connect, challenge, own
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.