Sales Development Rep
The Matik platform enables business professionals to generate customized presentations (in PPT or Google slides) with dynamic content in minutes and not hours. Our goal is to become the automation lever for sales professionals when it comes to customized content creation - quarterly business reviews, pricing decks, renewal decks, etc. Matik allows you to easily connect to your data sources (Databases, BI tools, CRM, etc) to create dynamic content that you can add to templates in Google Slides and PPT. What email automation did for email templates we are trying to do for presentations. We are backed by a16z, Menlo Ventures, Box Group, and Oceans Ventures.
- Transforming the way people work by automating the generation of repetitive data-driven documents
- Customer First - we don’t want to just build products that we like, but rather our customers find extremely valuable. This doesn’t mean we compromise our other values or build whatever a customer wants. Lastly, the security of our customer’s data is very important to us and we want to ensure our decision making keeps this in mind.
- Trust and Transparency - at the core of every relationship is Trust. It is imperative that we gain and maintain the trust of our colleagues, customers, and investors by being honest, transparent, and ethical.
- Quality - everything we do should personify quality. Whether it is building out new features or putting together a marketing campaign, we should all strive to hit a certain standard of quality that customers are expecting.
- Compassion - We all come from different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, we should all actively strive to understand these perspectives without bias or judgement
What We Look For
There are five traits that correlate most significantly with SDR success at Matik:
- Coach-ability: The ability to absorb and apply coaching. Coach-ability will have the most significant influence on the hiring decision.
- Fearlessness: SDRs at Matik will be responsible for a high volume of cold prospecting, including phone calls, e-mails, and LinkedIn messages. In these interactions, great SDRs maintain poise, have an excellent command of language and ability to speak in a professional manner, clarity, and conciseness. Talking to strangers and being told no 30 times in a row is no big deal for great SDRs.
- Intelligence: Intelligence is the ability to learn complex concepts quickly and communicate those concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. Great SDRs are amazing at reading, writing, and research. Liberal arts grads are encouraged to apply.
- Work Ethic: Work ethic is proactively pursuing the company mission with a high degree of energy and daily activity. Because the goal isn’t to hit quota...it’s to crush quota, drive and persistence are critical to SDR success at Matik. Studies have found that it takes between 6 and 10 attempts (including at least 4 phone calls) to properly prospect a given contact. Most salespeople give up after only 2 attempts. Yikes!
- Values Alignment: Every person we hire embodies Matik’s values. Our core values guide the way we interact with our prospects and with each other. We have 4 core values at Matik: Trust, Compassion, Quality, and Customer First.
What You’ll Do In Your Role
- Generate new leads for Matik by carefully orchestrating outreach campaigns with a mixture of e-mails, calls, voicemails, social interactions, and LinkedIn messages.
- Keep the top of the funnel consistently full with appointments.
- Constantly research the target companies that fit Matik’s ideal customer profile.
- Select the appropriate decision-maker(s) in each target account. Become an expert on their pain points, priorities, and measurements.
- In phone conversations, listen actively, ask smart questions, and articulate the multiple unique value propositions of Matik. Think on your feet.
- Convert initial conversations to appointments. At this stage, the goal is not to sell the solution, but to sell the opportunity to get value and insight from mutual exploration. Prospects must feel they will learn something new as a result of the meeting.
- Write cold outreach templates, phone/voicemail scripts, and LinkedIn messages. Constantly iterate on sales messaging based on interactions with prospects.
- Find high-impact opportunities to interface with prospects outside their offices. For example, by attending sales-focused webinars, meetups, and networking events.
- Use reporting and analytics software to constantly measure what’s working and not working. Which messages generate responses? How many leads convert to opportunities? How many touches does it take to get a demo? Share key learnings with the executive team on a quarterly basis.
- Be incredibly diligent about managing interactions with customers in Salesforce. Maintain a state of consistently clean data to help drive our decision-making.
- Prioritize your time on a daily basis. Use and stick to a solid organizational system through your favorite app or a lower-tech system like a checklist.
- Collaborate with Account Executives and sales leadership. Use your learnings from interactions with prospects to push the thinking of our sales team around how to break into new accounts.
- Meet with your manager on a weekly basis for a regularly scheduled 1:1 to share two-way feedback, review pipeline, and discuss what you’re working on this week.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transforming the way people work by automating the generation of repetitive data-driven narratives