Business Development Representative
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for the founding members of the Business Development Representative team to join our growing Sales organization. Your role is to define, build and scale the outbound pipeline generation engine to dramatically increase Census's reach among Data (Engineers, Analysts) and Operations teams.
This is a great opportunity to have a wide scope of ownership in building a critical driver of Census's new business strategy from scratch. In this role, you will not be executing a pre-written playbook, instead you will be writing the playbook that's used for future BDRs and AEs.
The learnings and exposure this role provides will create a launching pad to carve out an impactful career path at Census - whether it be as an Account Executive, or in Management, Operations, Success, or something else!
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Build demand and excitement to spearhead the growth & adoption of Census.
- Define, test and iterate outbound strategy, personas, and messaging to develop repeatable and predictable Sales pipeline.
- Effectively generate and convert outbound demand among Data and Operations teams to exceed monthly and quarterly targets.
- Partner closely with Sales, Operations, and Marketing to collaborate on experiments and share learnings.
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge to create educate and qualify Data and Operations teams about Census and the modern data stack.
- Identify untapped revenue growth opportunities.
Is this you? ⚡️
We believe that high potential and ability to build from zero to one comes in a variety of flavors. Here's the skillset we're looking for:
- 3+ years of working experience with a track record of excellence throughout. Prior experience may be in Sales/Sales Development, or pivoting from a different career path with client-facing exposure.
- Demonstrated strong existing skills, or aptitude to quickly learn, outbound sales and operational process.
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to grok complex technical concepts.
- Ambitious self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and building from the ground up.
- High attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Based in the Bay Area or remote within the US.
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible hours
- Generous vacation policy
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.