Marketing Lead at Wynter
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Wynter is an ambitious B2B SaaS startup in an exciting space. Wynter is the only product of its kind.
We are giving B2B companies on-demand feedback from their target audience on their marketing, sales and product messaging. It's the fastest way to discover what people in your target market think, and how their messaging is resonating with their target customers.
We have offices in Tallinn, Estonia and Austin, TX, USA
Wynter is a fast growing early stage startup. Last year we grew 3x YoY, this year we're also doubling. The future looks bright.
We're creating a new sub-category of on-demand ICP research for B2B SaaS companies.
There's limited pre-existing demand we can harvest via PPC/SEO/outbound, so the focus of our marketing is about creating new demand and damming the demand.
The play today is to market the category, not the brand. It's to raise awareness around the problem, make them look at it with new ideas.
This is an evangelization and content play: organic social, virtual and physical events, co-marketing with other brands, product-led content, original shows, podcasts.
If you're deeply interested in creating new demand and building a new subcategory, we should talk. Passion for creating demand through content is required (and a portfolio of similar work).
We're a customer-funded startup, hence need to be scrappy and hands-on.
ABOUT THE JOB AND THE WORK
This role combines execution and strategy. You will be a key influencer in how we drive our demand generation efforts forward.
You will manage 1 marketing person, 1 BDR + work with freelancers. This is a very small marketing team at a small startup.
Prior scrappy startup experience is a must.
KPIs for this role:
*qualified inbound demos per week
*new qualified signups
- Do what it takes to raise awareness that we exist among category buyers / ICPs
- Own marketing campaigns focused on driving net-new pipeline, mainly inbound demo requests
- Own and manage a process for experimentation to find new channels, tactics, audiences and offers
- Build inbound demand generation programs using multiple channels including email, social, events
- Oversee demand gen reporting and analysis, including funnel conversion metrics and campaign performance
- Own product marketing (work with the CEO on this)
- Be a close partner to sales to ensure quality lead delivery, proper follow up and incorporate feedback into marketing programs.
This is a role reporting directly to the CEO and an exciting opportunity for the right individual to take your career to the next level.
Our top marketing challenge: most of the market does not know we exist. We need to do more to market the category, category entry points, and our brand.
Word of mouth and organic social (including the founder's LinkedIn) drive most of our pipeline today. We need to increase the weekly demo volume AND make Wynter well-known among B2B SaaS marketers.
There's a lot of category marketing plays we need to run (you need to be familiar with the Category Pirates crew and the books/content they've been putting out).
The main purpose of the role is to drive pipeline, more sales qualified leads.
Our ICP is a B2B SaaS company doing north of $10M in revenue (the bigger the better), we're selling into B2B product marketing and demand gen. Typical ACV is around $19k.
You will lead our demand creation efforts, and work with the sales team.
This is a perfect role for a go-getter who has a ton of ideas, loves to iterate and experiment, and can execute fast independently. You will be designing a machine, but also do a ton of hands-on work just like in a scrappy bootstrapped startup that we are.
- We're boostrapped, fast growing, and totally differentiated. We give B2B companies feedback from their target customers in 12-48 hrs.
- Wynter is solving a massive problem, and can add massive value. We're just getting started, this is your chance to join the next B2B SaaS success story.
- We have a great narrative to build our demand generation machine around.
- Today, companies in mature, crowded markets cannot win on basic me-too messaging and opinions on what the market wants. They need to win by taking a fundamentally different position in the market, get closer to the target customers than ever before, and speed up their feedback loops. Wynter is the tool that helps companies win in this new reality.
- You have generated pipeline for ~$20k ACV deals before
- Prior startup experience
- You can write well, and have a history of working with content (organic social, blog, etc)
- Are metrics driven and passionate about using data to increase performance of marketing programs
- Have supported sales cycles with multiple decision makers and complex organizational structures.
- Have strong communication skills and can turn complex concepts into compelling messaging and campaigns
- Key personality trait: proactive - never needing to be told what to do, always taking responsibility and showing initiative
Why work with Us?
We are completely unique; nobody else is doing what we're doing - yet we are solving a massive problem and can add massive value.
*100% remote and flexible working hours
*35 days paid vacation
*Manage your own time and approach to work
*Have a say in what is being developed and how
*Get connected to top players in the global adtech / SaaS community