Founding Account Manager
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Y-Combinator, and other top valley firms, our team has raised $25m to revolutionizing modern marketing and product experiences with AI videos. Tavus is a leading AI synthetic media startup focused on making personalized video experiences scalable. Tavus uses artificial intelligence deepfake technology to generate realistic videos that perfectly imitate customer's gestures and voice- it's pretty stellar. Think Loom or Vidyard, but you can create thousands of hyper-personalized videos with the click of a button. Check it out for yourself 😎
We're looking for a Founding Account Manager to join our team and own post-initial sale renewals, conversions, and upsells. We work mostly with revenue leaders, although there are several additional personas commonly seen. At Tavus you will be responsible for running a consultative sales approach with inbound leads, working on motions to secure strategic upmarket accounts, ensuring customer see success with a smooth handoff to the CS team, and strategically innovating to improve the sales process. This role is outcome oriented, and it's important to execute quickly, use data to evaluate results, and iterate. We're looking for someone who can both execute to a high degree, as well as think strategically about ICP, sales motion, and the customer journey.
Why the word "founding"? You'll be AM #2, and while we have had amazing growth and traction, we're looking for an innovator who can not just roll with quick changes, but lead the charge on improving, optimizing, and evolving our account management process to best achieve our objectives. Whether it's revamping the onboarding process, creating a QBR template, working with the customer success team to identify process gaps, or even working with the sales team on pricing, you'll work closely with the full GTM team to drive Tavus forward.
Our sales efforts are limitless as Tavus is a sales product at it's core. You will have an awesome opportunity to set up Tavus for success, while using Tavus.
Please note that this position is hybrid in San Francisco and New York (office opening soon), although Tavus offers remote opportunities outside of these cities.
Your Mission 🚀
- Manage a book of business effectively by assisting the customer success team with onboarding and activation success
- Own renewal/conversions opportunities, as well as account growth and expansion metrics
- Deeply understand prospects needs and wants, and brainstorm optimal use cases alongside them during the consultative onboarding process. Stakeholder map and implement strategies to expand to other potential teams and users within the organization
- Be a team player, and collect and convey product feedback, as well as actively be involved in improving the full customer journey
- Innovate and constantly improve the AM process based on data driven experiments. Understand break points and ruthlessly focus on fixing them
- Self starter who is extremely hardworking, motivated, scrappy and most importantly, eager to learn and build
- Makes data driven decisions
- Ability to think creatively to workaround customer concerns or issues to create a win-win opportunity
- You should hate repetitive manual tasks - our funnel and reporting should be as automated as possible
- Is detail oriented, but is okay with moving fast and not everything being perfect. Move fast, break things fast, learn fast
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Can understand and adjust according to customer context while targeting multiple ICPs.
- Comfortable with a broad and dynamic scope of execution. Adapts fast to talking to different ICPs and stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Extreme bias for speed and action; and a results-driven mindset
- Previous gtm experience, ideally in a b2b setting. Understanding of a marketing ecosystem (subject lines, outreach softwares, basic tactics)
- Ability to understand technical workflows at a basic level for use case related questions from clients
Additionally, having some of the following experiences may help you be successful in this position:
- Early stage startup experience
- Familiarity with video marketing
- Experience in B2B sales and marketing
- Experience selling 5-6 figure ACVs
- Has previously worked with midmarket or enterprise organizations
- Has played Portal 1 and 2 😄
When you join Tavus, you’re joining a family. Our work is driven by our team, and our success is shared by all. This remote position has a flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, extremely competitive healthcare and gear stipends, as well as, of course, plenty of fun! At the end of the day, we want Tavus to be a place for you to learn, directly drive impact, and be with a team you love.
To learn more about our team culture, and benefits, check out our hiring page!
Tavus is growing fast, and we’d like you to grow with us! Are you excited to get your hands dirty and join the digital marketing revolution? Drop your resume and we’ll be in touch!
We are not looking for cultural fits, we are looking for culture creators. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. We are inclusive to all and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients.