Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
India · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2022
Pesto is where developers go to build their career path for the next 5 years.
The world is remote. With this changing world, developers need to adapt - collaboration & communication is a challenge. Most developers struggle with finding what’s next in their careers, it’s difficult to go through the clutter & make a decision about the future - that’s where we come in!
Pesto removes the unknown unknowns in the lives of developers. We do this by making them go through a 6-month program in which we give them exposure to the concepts of product, design & business apart from just engineering. This helps them make many better-informed decisions or land better jobs in the direction they choose.
We're backed by Balaji Srinivasan, Katie Stanton, Ryan Hoover, Matrix Partners & a series of top angels from India & US. We've shared more details about our culture at this link
• Leading a team of sales professionals to achieve a given revenue target on a week to month basis
• Be the responsible revenue stakeholder for Pesto Programs
• Strategize and implement a robust sales pipeline
• Continuously monitor and train the team to improve performance and conversions
• Maintain the CRM hygiene and ensure the team is functioning with clear discipline and SOP in place
• Handle escalations and improve lead journey experience
• Develop and work on analytics-driven sales dashboard(s) which will help keep track of the current performance and also help understand the future sales pipeline
• Analyzing and sharing active feedback about the customer behaviour, market demands, and competition to the marketing team
• Give prompt reports on crucial issues and suggest solutions
• Make propositions, give suggestions, and designate sales targets and job obligations to each team member
• Plan and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to improve the quality of work
• At least 1 year of team leading experience and minimum 2 years of relevant sales experience ( Ed-tech background and knowledge on technical programs will add brownie points )
• A problem solver with a good aptitude and stakeholder management skills
• Sales Acumen – Chasing aggressive targets
• Team Management with high energy and potential• Analytical and data driven approach is a must
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Someone who doesn’t enjoy a mundane 9-5 job
• A passion for growing emerging brands with huge potential.
Nice to Have:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with confidence with cold
calling and business development
● You don’t get discouraged by “no”
At Pesto, we value talent density a lot. We believe when people who’re talented & are amazing human beings - we think magic happens. If you’re someone who fits into our culture - we’d love to hear from you! We’ll make sure we make the next few years memorable for all of us.
Alternatively, we'd highly recommend you to not apply in case you don't associate with our culture. We believe no one is a bad/good employee - we want to make sure you enjoy working at Pesto & everyone else enjoys working with you as well. We'd recommend you to go through this document to help you get a better understanding of our culture.
See more open positions at Pesto
Something looks off?