Director of Sales (US/CAN)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it hard for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
In the future we envision, we’ll build the technology that tens of millions of local business owners need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
Our team grew from 40 people to 90 people in 2023. We’ve got top talent from the most successful companies in SMB software like Shopify, HubSpot, DoorDash, ProCore, and ServiceTitan.
We’re scaling even faster in 2024 to keep pace with our customer growth.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years we've generated tens of millions in revenue, served millions of guests, and have processed hundreds of millions of orders.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
Owner.com is looking for an exceptional leader to help scale our sales organization and lead us in our next stage of growth. This role is best suited for someone who is passionate about helping small businesses grow, has a track record of sales excellence and is absolutely committed to building a world-class team.
This is a 100% remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
💻 The impact you will have
- Own our sales strategy and lead our Account Executive and XDR teams (5 teams total)
- Coach and develop your team and help groom the next generation of sales leaders
- Lead from the front by co-selling with your reps (we don’t hide behind Gong)
- Inspire your team to be great for themselves and for our customers
- Identify opportunities in the business and execute projects to improve our sales systems
- Partner and collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams
- Become an expert in our product and the industry so that you can coach your team to advise restaurant owners in a high-trust manner
- Level up consistently by reading, listening to podcasts, and learning from your teammates and peers
👥 Who you’ll work with
- This role reports to our Chief Revenue Officer, Kyle Norton (previously Shopify)
- This role will partner cross-functionally with team members throughout the company, including but not limited to: product, customer success and leadership colleagues
✅ Minimum requirements
- You are truly world-class. This role is for the best of the best.
- Extensive sales leadership experience, including experience managing large teams and other managers
- Software sales experience required, with a strong preference for SMB SaaS experience
- Strong followership and references - your reps will sing your praises when asked
- History of personal and professional excellence
- Lifelong learner mindset and commitment to professional growth and development
- Consultative, customer-first sales approach
- You thrive while working in a fast-paced environment where change is common
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with restaurants (selling to or working in!) is a huge plus