Business Development Representative - US/Canada
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our Vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same set of problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it difficult for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
Our vision of the future is making sure that the tens of millions of local business owners get the support and technology they need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
With less than 100 teammates, we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category. Our team includes alumni from tech companies such as Shopify, Instagram, Robinhood, DoorDash, SpaceX, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Berkeley, Brown, Wharton, and Y Combinator.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years, we’ve reached $xx,xxx,xxx in annualized revenues and have raised over $43,000,000 in venture capital.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
Owner.com is looking to hire a Business Development Representative to join our growing revenue team. This role is best suited for people who are passionate about helping small businesses grow, have a track record of sales excellence and are committed to building trusting relationships with restaurant owners.
This role is 100% remote and can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
💻 The impact you will have
- Partner with our outbound sales team to generate new business
- Educate yourself daily by reading, listening to podcasts, and learning from your teammates and peers
- Go above and beyond delivering your quota to help your teammates and the company succeed
✅ Minimum requirements
- 2+ years of experience in software sales, preferably in SMB SaaS
- Consultative, customer-first sales approach
- History of personal and professional excellence
- Lifelong learner mindset and commitment to professional growth and development
- You thrive while working in a fast-paced environment where change is common
- Experience with restaurants (selling to or working in!) is a huge plus
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The starting compensation for this role is $80,000 OTE ($60,000 base + $20,000 in on-target commissions, uncapped), plus a generous equity pre-IPO equity package.
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), unlimited PTO - plus extra fun perks!