Director of Customer Onboarding - Launch Team
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our Vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same set of problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it difficult for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
Our vision of the future is making sure that the tens of millions of local business owners get the support and technology they need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
With less than 100 teammates, we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category. Our team includes alumni from tech companies such as Shopify, Instagram, Robinhood, DoorDash, SpaceX, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Berkeley, Brown, Wharton, and Y Combinator.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years, we’ve reached $xx,xxx,xxx in annualized revenues and have raised over $43,000,000 in venture capital.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
Owner.com is looking for an exceptional leader to scale our customer onboarding organization and lead us in our next stage of growth.
Onboarding is arguably the most critical stage of the customer journey. Our talented team of onboarding specialists are focused on activating our clients quickly, efficiently, and with special attention to their unique needs (configurations, integrations, etc). Our team influences customer lifetime value through quick product adoption and high client satisfaction during the onboarding process.
In addition to these core responsibilities, as a senior leader in our company you will own significant business outcomes and will be responsible for driving key metrics for the organization. You’ll also play a critical role in helping us reach out ambitious goals and shaping our company culture.
This is a 100% remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States, Canada, and most Latin American regions.
💻 The impact you will have
- Build and lead a world-class team of onboarding specialists, leads and managers
- Coach and develop your team based on their unique strengths
- Inspire your team to be great for themselves and for our customers
- Partner and collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams
- Become an expert in our product and the industry so that you can coach your team to advise restaurant owners in a high-trust manner
- Level up consistently by reading, listening to podcasts, and learning from your teammates and peers
👥 Who you’ll work with
- This role reports to our SVP of Revenue, Kyle Norton (previously from Shopify and League)
- This role will partner cross-functionally with team members throughout the company, including but not limited to: sales, product, customer success and leadership colleagues
✅ Minimum requirements
- Experience building and leading a software onboarding/implementation function, ideally with a focus on launching SMB customers
- Significant management experience (leading ICs and other managers) is required
- Experience building or working with international teams highly preferred
- Strong followership and references - contacts will sing your praises when asked
- History of personal and professional excellence
- Lifelong learner mindset and commitment to professional growth and development
- You thrive while working in a fast-paced environment where change is common
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in both English/Spanish as an extra bonus
- Experience with restaurants and/or restaurant technology is a huge plus
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $150K-180K USD, plus a generous equity pre-IPO equity package
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), monthly lifestyle benefits stipend and unlimited/flexible vacation policy