Director of Business Development
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, Sapphire Ventures, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the role:
As the Director of Business Development at CaptivateIQ, you will lead a business-critical function, setting and executing our strategy to generate high-quality pipeline to fuel long-term growth, while developing top talent for career growth. You will be responsible for both Inbound and Outbound pipeline generation.
In this key go-to-market leadership role, you will partner closely with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Finance to exceed sales qualified opportunity and pipeline targets, establish KPIs, and ensure operational excellence in building a world-class function. You will serve as a strategic leader, identifying opportunities to enhance performance, increase productivity, and continually develop our talent to prepare them for career growth.
This is an opportunity to bring both operational excellence in running a high-performance team and empathetic people-first leadership together in shaping the future of the company and our industry.
- Build a best-in-class Business Development function that demonstrates daily high-performance against activity expectations and meetings booked goals.
- Lead a team of 2 first-line managers and 19 BDRs in consistently exceeding sales qualified opportunity and pipeline targets.
- Hire, Develop, and Retain top talent that excels in the current role and is prepared for additional responsibilities.
- Act as a key cultural pillar for the BDR organization, combining empathetic leadership with operational excellence and rigor.
- Partner closely with sales, operations, and finance to improve pipeline quality and GTM alignment.
- Build a world-class playbook for both the Inbound and Outbound pipeline generation motions.
- Develop strategies for increasing productivity, improving efficiencies, and maximizing pipeline.
- 8+ years of experience with strong performance against aggressive pipeline targets in business development and closing roles.
- 5+ years of first-line management experience and 1+ year of second-line management experience.
- 1+ year of full sales cycle closing experience.
- Experience leading and scaling a team of 15-20 BDRs.
- Strategic mindset to identify where the Business Development teams should be headed and the tactical steps needed to reach that future.
- Deep understanding of discovery, qualification frameworks, call coaching, and skill development.
- Strong quantitative skills to measure, manage, and optimize activity and productivity.
- Innovative creativity to identify new ways to increase conversion rates and drive revenue from our target accounts.
- The desire to lead, coach, motivate, and develop others to excel and be the best versions of themselves.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, maintain strong relationships, and work effectively across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates:
- Only emails from @captivateiq.com should be trusted.
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States