Director of Solution Engineering (Pre-Sales)
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, Sapphire Ventures, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About The Role:
CaptivateIQ is seeking an experienced Director of Solutions Engineering who will lead a team of product experts on sales calls. The ideal candidate will have experience building and developing hard-working Solution Engineering organizations as well as broad experience in account strategy and cross-functional collaboration to drive impactful business development activities. The CIQ Sales team will rely on you to collaborate with them to yield strategic customer outcomes through both your own experiences and, more meaningfully, through the efforts of your highly talented team members. You will be responsible for organization effectiveness, operational efficiency, industry-specific solution GTM strategy, and cross-functional collaboration with every area of the organization in order to grow the business.
Reporting directly to the Senior VP of Sales, you will be a key member of our sales leadership team. We need a world-class ambitious leader, to embrace this impactful opportunity.
- This leadership role has a broad scope of responsibilities, including coaching team members to achieve their full potential and delivering differentiated solution validation for the biggest and most strategic opportunities.
- Lead SEs to identify prospective clients' current processes, pain points, and ideal future states.
- Work closely with your team to configure engaging and tailored demos based on prospects' unique needs, addressing the nuances of their commission plans and data structures. This leader needs to develop the SEs to deliver C-level expertise and thought leadership.
- Oversee the demonstration process for all of CaptivateIQ to address prospect pain points and showcase how CaptivateIQ simplifies commission management, highlighting value-added functionality and features.
- Lead the creation of internal and external collateral that can be used by the SE team and other cross-functional teams to support sales efforts.
- Collaborate closely with sales representatives to drive the sales process toward closure.
- Empower SEs to serve as the customer-facing product expert on sales calls, helping navigate prospects' complex commission environments effectively and providing prospects with context on how CaptivateIQ can address their specific use cases.
- Build strong working partnerships with sales, product, and services, and support cross-functional teams to ensure seamless customer experiences & identify opportunities for the platform's future feature enhancements.
- Grow the SE organization - Recruit, mentor, and inspire team members to do the best work of their careers.
- Steer the GTM strategy working closely with the global sales leadership.
- 5+ years of experience as a Solution Engineer leader. Front-line management experience is required.
- Experience configuring and selling software preferably within a technical SaaS sales environment.
- Experience scaling teams, preferably in the $100M-$200M ARR range.
- Experience with building Excel models or a programming language (e.g., SQL, Python) to perform complex data analysis, transformation, and presentation.
- Ability to translate complex customer requirements and develop optimal configuration.
- Quota-driven attitude focused on the client's best solution by being a trusted advisor.
- Strong career trajectory, a history of top performance in successive roles.
- Compelling leader of leaders who can effectively develop trust to set direction and drive team motivation.
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates
- Only emails from @captivateiq.com should be trusted.
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States