Strategic Sales Engineer
Sales & Business Development
New York Metropolitan Area, USA
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2024
Why is this role important for us? 🔗
- We started as a data team ourselves, and we want to be the kind of partner that we would have liked to have ourselves! This principal guides all our values and business decisions. For example, we are open by default — built on open APIs, fully open architecture, publicly available documentation, no lock-ins, etc.
- We fundamentally believe that the most important role of our sales and go-to-market team is to help customers solve problems and play the role of a trusted advisor. Sometimes this might mean turning customers away and even recommending other solutions. Even if we lose some revenue in the short term by doing so, we believe that doing right by the customer is always the right thing to do.
- Our GTM team has been growing rapidly to meet customer demand and we’re looking for talented sales engineers to help build and mature our sales engineering function.
- We're looking for someone who's passionate about solving problems, loves all things data, and is looking for a high-impact role in a high-growth startup.
Your mission at Atlan ⭐️
- You will build strong relationships with stakeholders inside the organizations, from CDOs and Data Platform leaders on one hand to data engineers and analysts on the other. Your goal will be to understand the problems they're aiming to solve.
- You will be the trusted advisor for data teams on their journey to building a modern data platform. You'll evangelize Atlan and the broader principles of an agile data culture to the broader data community.
- You'll do whatever it takes to arm customers with all the information they need to make a decision about bringing on Atlan as a part of their daily workflows — from setting up customized demo flows to running trials and POCs, office hours, and more.
- You will be our eyes and ears on the ground, constantly hearing customer feedback and working closely with our product team to incorporate feedback into the product roadmap.
- You will enable prospective customers to understand the different contexts in which the Atlan product can be effectively used and conceptualize new use cases and solutions.
- You'll work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like marketing, sales, product, and engineering to help build a category-defining company.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- Data background: Prior experience as a hands-on data practitioner who would like to move to a customer-facing role to support other data practitioners; or as a sales engineer or solutions architect for a data product, technical product, or consulting company.
- Strategic accounts: You will need experience with Fortune 500 customers, dealing with complex sales cycles and multi stakeholder deals.
- Problem solving: You love to nerd out on technical problems and find creative, out of the box solutions to customer problems.
- Technical expertise: You are proficient in SQL, Python and Rest API's.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: You're excited about the opportunity to build a company from the ground up.
- Past experience in sales engineering or technical customer-facing roles (minimum 7 years).